Learning to live, work and play in a way that makes a positive impact on future generations is a process for all of us. We will continually be striving to find new ways to minimize our footprint on our planet. We work to reduce waste and run a sustainable business by:
- Using 100% recycled silver, gold and platinum for both our fine jewelry repair and our signature jewelry collections.
- Requiring our suppliers have SCS Certification or provide written statements that they use recycled metal as well as make reasonable efforts to also run a sustainable business.
- Keeping energy usage low. For example, we are making use of LED light bulbs throughout the retail store and shop and ensuring that non essential electronics are shut down after work through timers.
- Avoiding the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email.
- Reusing waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Refraining from updating furniture and equipment when making a new purchase practically provides no benefit. For example, because we are a multi generational business, some shop furniture is visibly outdated but is structurally sound and functional.